Class will be held on Tuesday and Thursday, March 9, 14, 16, 2017
Class will run 6:00 – 9:00 p.m
.This 9-hour course includes instruction in navigation rules, CT boating law, legal requirements, safety afloat and other topics that will help participants become safe, knowledgeable, and responsible boaters. The course fulfills the requirements for the Certificate of Boating Operation & Personal Watercraft Safety certificate. (This certificate is necessary to operate any watercraft that has a motor, including jet skis.)
Every participant must also obtain a FREE DEEP Conservation Number for this program. We ask that this be completed prior to the March 9 class. Bring the number with you to class. See Link below to obtain your number. If you already have a hunting or fishing license, the number is the same and you do not need to obtain another but please bring your license with you to the first class. If you are unable to access a computer for this, you may obtain a number directly from the CT DEEP office.
Once you receive the diploma from this class, you must pay for your certificate with CT DEEP (approx. $50).
- Must attend all 3 dates: Tuesday, March 14, Thursday, March 9 and Thursday, March 16
- Open to all area residents. (Recommended age 10 and up)
- Pre-registration is required. We do not accept walk-in registrations at class.
- We will accept registrations until the class is full. Class size is limited so register early.
- Regiser at: https://www.thompsonrec.org/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29747