August 5 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Friday, August 5: ENCANTO
“The Madrigals are an extraordinary family who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia in a charmed place called the Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift — every child except Mirabel. However, she soon may be the Madrigals last hope when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is now in danger.” – Rotten Tomatoes
- Runtime: 1 hour, 39 minutes
- Rating: PG
The movie will start at dusk, but the fun begins at 7:30 PM with:
- An original, 8-minute ballet inspired by Encanto by Mansfield Academy of Dance
- Meet-and-greet with “The Casita Sister”
- Crafts with Mansfield Advocates for Children
- Lawn games, movie-themed games, and temporary tattoos with the Mansfield Downtown Partnership
Refreshments for sale include:
- UConn Dairy Bar Ice Cream Truck
- Cold water from Mansfield Fire Department
- Popcorn from the Mansfield Downtown Partnership
- Take-out from your favorite Downtown Storrs restaurants (see what’s cooking: downtownstorrs.org/dine)
- The rain date for each movie is the following Wednesday.
- Weather announcement and other updates will be made at downtownstorrs.org/movies and on Facebook (@DowntownStorrs)
- By bicycle:
- Bicycle racks are located on Betsy Paterson Square, at the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center (adjacent to the parking garage), and around Downtown Storrs.
- For the safety of all attendees, please do not ride your bike on the Square during the movie.
- By bus:
- CTtransit offers daily service to the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center (23 Royce Circle, about a 2-minute walk to Betsy Paterson Square) from Mansfield to Hartford via its 913 Express route. Visit cttransit.com for schedule information.
- WRTD’s Route 674 Storrs-Willimantic Bus runs Monday-Saturday. Visit wrtd.org for schedule information.
- By car:
FOR MORE INFO:
- Please visit downtownstorrs.org/movies or call the Mansfield Downtown Partnership: 860.429.2740