July 2, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until July 2, 2022
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday and Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Strawberry season has arrived! Opening date is this Tuesday, June 7th! We’re opening brand new fields this year so the picking will be awesome! Just a few bits of information for this year:
- Once again for strawberry season, we’ll conduct sales out by the fields in our tent. Our stand in the regular building will not be open yet.
- You’ll be driving into the orchard through Gate 7 and exiting through a different gate to keep the flow moving easily. We will have “Enter” and “Exit” signs to guide you. Please drive all the way down and park behind the tent. We’ll have flats in our tent for you to use and will direct you to that day’s picking area.
- We’ll have a nice selection of products for sale in our tent. Many that you’ve purchased before inside our building, and a few new products for you to try. We’ll have our apple cider and blueberry donuts, as well as an assortment of baked goods each day, along with some cold drinks and water bottles.
- Although most of our strawberries are sold as “pick your own”, we’ll be offering a limited amount of prepicked quarts each day. They’ll be on a first come/first served basis with no pre-ordering.
- Our hours for strawberry season beginning this Tuesday are: Monday through Saturday 8:00 am to Noon, Monday AND Thursday evenings from 6-8 pm, and closed on Sundays.
- Due to rising costs of basically everything, our pick your own price for strawberries this year will be $4.25 per pound. Pre-picked quarts will be $11.00 each.
- Strawberry season snuck up on us more quickly than expected and our Porta-john company is not sure if they can deliver before we open on Tuesday, so unfortunately, we may have a day or two at first with no bathroom facilities to offer you. We’re pressuring them as much as we can.
We’re so looking forward to opening up and welcoming you back to our farm for the new season! Hope to see you soon. Patty, for Buell’s Orchard