Earth Month & River Cleanups
Participate in our 2020 Cleanup Contest! Click here for more information!
For Non-profits and Municipalities - Funds are still available for cleanups
March 16, 2020 Update: If your TLGV-funded spring cleanup has been postponed or cancelled, please let us know. We will automatically extend use of TLGV funds until September 30, 2020. If the cleanup is held close to September 30, we ask that you send us the paperwork/ reimbursement request by October 7 so we can issue the check and close our books for the fiscal year. If the cleanup is planned for October 1 or later, please let us know as soon as possible because we will have to amend the contract.
Show your love for The Last Green Valley by organizing a cleanup. Virtually gather your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers, and make a difference in your community. Over the last eight years, 11,274 volunteers have collected 407,603 pounds of trash from our parks, rivers, and roadways!
* TLGV will reimburse your non-profit organization or municipal, regional, state, or federal agency working in the National Heritage Corridor up to $500 for expenses like publicity, cleanup supplies such as trash bags and work gloves, trail and open space maintenance supplies and food for your volunteers. Cleanups outside the National Heritage Corridor, but within Thames River watershed towns, will be reimbursed up to $250.
* TLGV will also help publicize your event and work with you to recruit more volunteers.
- Submit a letter to TLGV, on your organization’s letterhead, at least four weeks before the proposed event.
- Include basic details about your cleanup – what, when, where, and who – plus your contact information, including a phone number, street address, and email address.
- Tell us what you hope to accomplish.
- Submit a budget detailing how you will use TLGV funds.
- Let us know who will be picking up and disposing of the trash (we won't pay for trash disposal).
- Explain how you will involve youth – the future stewards of The Last Green Valley.
- Describe how you will publicize not just the event, but the results.
- For nonprofit organizations, submit a copy of your 501(c) letter from the IRS.
TLGV reserves the right to approve or deny funds based upon the likelihood of project success and the availability of funds. We will contact you within two weeks of your submission. If TLGV approves funding, you will need to sign a short agreement and you must promise to acknowledge TLGV’s funding in your publicity materials. To help compile accomplishments, you must also complete and return the TLGV “Trash Tracker” forms after the cleanup. For more information, email LyAnn Graff or call her at 860-774-3300.
The cleanup fund is sponsored by:
Sign up for our e-newsletter
Please Support Us
The Last Green Valley, Inc. (TLGV) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
We rely on your membership contributions and donations to carry out our work. Together, we can care for it, enjoy it, and pass it on.