Show your love for The Last Green Valley by organizing an Earth Month or River Cleanup. Gather your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers, and make a difference in your community. Over the last nine years, 11,489 volunteers have collected 442,139 pounds of trash from our parks, rivers, and roadways!
* The Last Green Valley, Inc. (TLGV) will reimburse your non-profit organization or municipal, regional, state, or federal agency working in the National Heritage Corridor up to $500 for expenses like publicity, cleanup supplies such as trash bags and work gloves and food for your volunteers. Cleanups outside the National Heritage Corridor, but within Thames River watershed towns, will be reimbursed up to $250.
TLGV will also help publicize your event and work with you to recruit more volunteers.
To apply, submit a letter to TLGV, on your organization’s letterhead, at least four weeks before the proposed event:
- Include basic details about your cleanup – what, when, where, and who – plus your contact information, including a phone number, street address, and email address.
- Tell us what you hope to accomplish.
- Submit a budget detailing how you will use TLGV funds.
- Let us know who will be picking up and disposing of the trash (we will only pay for trash disposal in limited, unique circumstances).
- Explain how you will involve youth – the future stewards of The Last Green Valley.
- Describe how you will publicize not just the event, but the results.
- For non-profit organizations, submit a copy of your 501(c) letter from the IRS.
To apply, submit a letter to TLGV, on your organization’s letterhead, at least four weeks before the proposed event.
New Requirement for 2021: We need your help documenting volunteer hours. All organizers must provide a list of volunteer participants. You can find the Cleanup sign-in sheet here.
TLGV reserves the right to approve or deny funds based upon the likelihood of project success and the availability of funds. We will contact yo u within two weeks of your submission. If TLGV approves funding, you will need to sign a short agreement and you must promise to acknowledge TLGV’s funding in your publicity materials. You must also complete and return the TLGV Cleanup Trash Tracker (simplified this year) and Cleanup sign-in sheet after the cleanup to receive your funds. For more information, contact LyAnn Graff at 860-774-3300 or Lyann@tlgv.org.
The cleanup fund is sponsored by:
Sign up for our e-newsletter
Please Support Us
The Last Green Valley, Inc. (TLGV) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
We rely on your membership contributions and donations to carry out our work. Together, we can care for it, enjoy it, and pass it on.