MUSIC AND ART WEEKEND
July 29 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until July 30, 2023
Times: The Village is open 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: Included with standard daytime admission or Village membership. Standard daytime admission is $30 for adults, $28 for seniors (55+), $15 for youth (4-17), $15 for college students (with a valid college ID), and free for children 3 and under.
Throughout history, art and music have served as a platform for expression, connection, documentation, and change. During Music and Art Weekend at the Village, learn about a variety of artistic pursuits, including song, portraiture, and other crafts. Listen to 19th-century music and learn about the history of violins, guitars, and woodwinds. See our talented artists hard at work and watch demonstrations of watercolor painting and more.
Plus, The Old Sturbridge Village Dancers and Old Sturbridge Village Singers will be performing on Saturday.
Performances, displays, and demonstrations will include:*
- See demonstrations of pastel portraits in the style of Ruth Hanshaw Bascom
- Learn about unusual New England instruments and decorative band boxes
- Catch a demonstration of botanical watercolors being painted
- Take a walking tour of Village art
- Hear a musical performance of the bagpipes (Sunday only)
- View a display of music and art “Harmony and Aesthetics of Sound” in the Visitor Center
- A collection of OSV Member’s visual artwork will be on display in the Bullard Tavern. Visitors are encouraged to vote on their favorite piece.
- See decorative baskets being made, Japanning in the Tin Shop, bookbinding in the Print Shop and creative artful works crafted by the blacksmith and potter
*Subject to change; check back closer to the event for times and locations.
15 – 30