TLGV Seeks Information Ambassador
TLGV is seeking a part-time Information Ambassador on an as-needed basis, to deliver print materials to information kiosks, business partners, town halls, libraries and other locations throughout The Last Green Valley National Heritage Corridor and beyond. Most deliveries will be made in May (Explore Guide) and late August/early September (Walktober). TLGV has purchased a Ford Transit Connect delivery van for the Information Ambassador to use in making deliveries.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver printed materials such as Walktober Brochures, Maps, and Explore Guides to all locations on a list provided by TLGV.
- Be able to work intensively during two prime delivery periods: initial Explore deliveries must be completed in May and initial Walktober deliveries completed in late August/early September.
- Become familiar with the proprietors of each location, the hours and days each location is open for delivery and the rate at which stocks are depleted.
- Deliver all materials in friendly manner and provide exceptional customer service.
- Remove outdated materials once they are no longer useful.
- Be available to make additional deliveries to restock or add locations at other times of the year on an as-needed basis.
- Valid Connecticut or Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation to/from the TLGV office to pick up and return the delivery van each day.
- Demonstrated safe driving record.
- Ability to repeatedly lift boxes of brochures and materials up to 35 lbs.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to deliver when each location’s hours allow access.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and communications skills to ensure exceptional customer service.
- First-hand knowledge of The Last Green Valley’s road network and geography.
- Hourly rate of $15, not to exceed $5,000. TLGV will pay for gas, insurance, maintenance and other expenses related to the delivery van.
- Paid monthly upon satisfactory completion of the essential job functions and requirements and receipt of an invoice that includes a delivery log.
- The Information Ambassador is responsible for payment of his/her own taxes.
How to Apply
- Send a cover letter and brief resume to Fran Kefalas, Assistant Director, by email: Fran@tlgv.org or by mail: The Last Green Valley, Inc., 203B Main Street, Danielson, CT 06239. Members of The Last Green Valley, Inc. will be given priority for this position.
The Last Green Valley is a National Heritage Corridor – the last stretch of dark night sky in the coastal sprawl between Boston and Washington, D.C. The Last Green Valley works for you in the National Heritage Corridor. Together we can care for it, enjoy it and pass it on!
The Last Green Valley, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender-related identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law.
Sign up for our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields